Poster session is an informal discussion session between speakers and symposium participants. The research design and results are displayed in a poster, which contains short, clear text plus photos, graphs and tables.
Poster Presentation Terms
• Posters must be installed for two days: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 and Thursday, March 29, 2018 in front of Tuna Room, Mina Bahari Building (GMB) 4, 15th Floor
• Posters will be displayed on the poster boards provided.
• Poster sessions will be held on Thursday 29 March 2018 at 08.00-09.00 WIB (tentative). The poster speakers are required to be in the poster room before 08.00 WIB.
• Poster size must be A0 (841 x 1189 mm). The committee will provide masking tape to put them up on the poster board.
• The presenters may provide handouts containing research summary and/or business cards as long as they do not interfere with the poster sessions.
• Poster layout should be in portrait format.
• Posters must contain the title, name and affiliation of the presenter / institutional logo and email / contacts.
• Please estimate the number of sentences that will be displayed before designing the poster.
• Sentences should be short enough to read within 5-10 minutes from a distance of 120 cm. The minimum font size is 18 and the text should not be longer than three paragraphs.
• The chapter title font should at least be size 36 BOLD. Avoid using capital letters for the whole text. It’s better to use bullet points than paragraphs.
• Ensure all illustrations are printed clearly, minimize the use of texts and maximize the use of illustrations/symbols.
• Avoid colors that will distract readers from the main focus of the presentation.
• Mention the citation or data source for any information used other than the results of your research.
• All featuring posters will automatically be considered for the poster rating competition.
• The competition aims to increase participation and speakers’s ability in delivering their research results to the public.
• The poster will be reviewed by evaluators to assess the best poster based on topic relevance, poster design, visualization of research results, and the quality of the poster.
• The best three posters will be announced at the end of the symposium.
Nearby Poster Printing Locations
Speakers are expected to prepare and print posters at least one day before the event (Tuesday 27 February 2018). Printing posters is the responsibility of the speakers. For speakers who want to print the poster in Jakarta, the following are printing companies whose locations are closest to the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries.
Address: Jalan A.M Sangaji No. 11, RT.9/RW.7, Petojo Utara, DKI Jakarta, Jakarta Pusat, Jakarta 10130
Phone: (021) 6305858
Operational Hours: 08:30 – 21:00 WIB
Address: Jl. Biak No.3, RT.2/RW.6, Cideng, Gambir, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10150
Phone: (021) 3808038
Operational Hours: 08:00 – 22:00 WIB
Address: Jl. Cideng Barat No.21-A, RT.11/RW.1, Duri Pulo, Gambir, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10140
Phone: (021) 6311246
FOTOKOPI ANNA & DIGITAL PRINTING
Address: Jl. Hayam Wuruk No.10, RT.14/RW.1, Gambir, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10120
Phone: (021) 3457969
Operational Hours: 8:00 – 18:00 WIB