Committee commit in order to reduce plastic waste during the symposium event, committee provide refilable galoon that use any glasses or tumbler of participants. We estimates plastic bottle reducing such as :
Pre Symposium Mobula Workshop : 65 participants x 3 times of drink time = 195 plastic bottles
Shark and Ray Symposium : 250 participants x 2 days x 3 times of drink time = 1.500 plastic bottles
The result shows at least 1.695 plastic bottles reduced during the symposium, this is small thing but have big impact to marine life, including shark and ray where almost plastic waste will end up in our ocean.
RULES OF 2ND SHARK AND RAY SYMPOSIUM
Jakarta, 28th – 29th March 2018
1. Participant dress in a modest manner.
2. During symposium, participants are obliged to wear name tag provided by committee.
3. All participants, attendees, organizers, or venue staff are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions. Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
4. Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, contracted facility, or any other venue. Be mindful of your surroundings inside and outside of the venue and of your fellow participants.
5. Prohibited littering and excessive use of plastic during activities (Symposium events are free of drink bottles and plastic straws, as well as food using wrapping plastic).
6. Alert organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
7. Smoking is not permitted in the all venue at any time, except in smoking room that prepared by organizer.
8. Recording or taking photography of another individual’s presentation is not allowed without the explicit permission of the organizers.
9. All participants can view the details of the event in the symposium guide or on the bulletin board provided by the organizer.
10.Participants are expected to maintain personal luggage, loss or damage is not the responsibility of the organizer
11.Please set your phone on silent mode
Every session will lead by moderator, monitored by evaluator, and assisted by note takers.
1. Speakers already stand by in panel room 15 minutes prior panel session.
2. Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals. Avoid directed personal comments toward other attendees, participants, organizers and venue staff.
3. Please refrain from using the shared internet / Wi-Fi connection for personal use (i.e. emails, Skype, or other messaging services) during the planned plenary, presentation. When possible please wait until the coffee break, lunch or after the daily planned sessions of the workshop.
4. Call/any other activity that will disturb panel session and event not allowed.